By way of an ice-breaker introduction, I asked each of the participants to say what their favourite innovations were. We decided that we would allow inventions as well as innovations. This was their surprising and eclectic list. It was notable that the iPod or iPad did not feature!
- Micro banking by mobile phone in Africa
- The Zero Rupee note (very successful anti corruption initiative in India)
- Amazon book reviews
- Robot vacuum cleaner
- Online gaming as a social enabler
- Google maps and Streetview
- Fire (enabled cooking and our brains to grow)
- E Readers
- Velcro (especially when used as restrainers for babies, apparently)
- Aux 3.5mm jack connections in cars
- Social bookmarking
- Live train updates on my phone
- Bicycle Derailleur gears
KIN members are certainly an imaginative bunch of people!